Disgraced presenter Stuart Hall facing new child rape quiz

Published July 15, 2013 by JS2

The sickening allegation is believed to be among five new ones brought against the disgraced BBC star that police are examining

Stuart-Hall-arriving-at-court-for-sentencing-2054008

Paedophile Stuart Hall is facing a fresh police probe over claims he raped a girl of 12.

The sickening allegation is believed to be among five new ones brought against the disgraced BBC star that police are examining.

It is said to have taken place two decades ago after predatory Hall, 83, who is serving 15 months for sex attacks on girls aged nine to 17, met the girl through relatives.

A source said: “The victim was the daughter of friends well known to some of his relatives. She’s now in her 30s.” The four other claims concern sexual assaults.

A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “We can confirm that we have received further allegations against Mr Hall and we are working closely with the Crown Prosecution Service to determine the most appropriate course of action.

“We take all allegations of sexual abuse seriously and we would encourage people with any ­information about sexual abuse or who has been a victim of sexual abuse to come forward and report their concerns confident in the knowledge it will be investigated with sensitivity.”

Hall was jailed last month at Preston crown court after he admitted carrying out a string of sex offences between 1967 and 1985.

But his 15 month sentence sparked fury among victims and campaigners who branded it too soft.

Just days ago, it emerged Attorney General Dominic Grieve has referred the term the Court of Appeal for review after he received around 150 complaints about the sentence.

If found guilty of the latest ­allegations, Hall faces spending the rest of his life behind bars.

The former It’s A Knockout and Radio 5 Live presenter was arrested in December.

But in a shameless bid to deny his vile past, he branded the claims “pernicious, callous, cruel and above all spurious”.

However, when faced with ­overwhelming evidence Hall relented and admitted his crimes. The court heard he was an ­“opportunistic predator” who used his fame to befriend innocent girls before pouncing.

In the 80s, he molested a nine-year-old girl by putting his hand up her clothing.

He also kissed a 13-year-old girl on the lips after telling her: “People need to show thanks in other ways.” Hall was also accused of raping a woman in a BBC studio during the 70s. The alleged victim, now a 59-year-old mum, was 22 when the attack is said to have taken place. She is now suing the corporation. That alleged offence was not among the string of charges Hall admitted.

He was arrested and charged over the claim, but it was left to lie on file after his guilty plea to the other offences.

Judge Anthony Russell QC told the court he had to sentence Hall based on the maximum sentence available at the time the crimes were committed, which was two to five years.

However, the maximum sentence for similar horrific offences has now been increased to 10 years.

by David Collins

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: