Paedophile TV presenter Stuart Hall to face new sex charges if jail sentence is not increased

Published July 26, 2013 by JS2

Stuart-Hall-arriving-at-court-for-sentencing-2054008

The former BBC presenter’s sentence for abusing a string of girls was branded “pathetic” and sparked fury among campaigners and the public

Pervert Stuart Hall could face further child sex charges if his 15 month jail sentence is not significantly increased.

The former BBC presenter’s sentence for abusing a string of girls was branded “pathetic” and sparked fury among campaigners and the public.

That term has been referred to the Appeal Court for review by Attorney General Dominic Grieve.

But if it is not extended, further prosecutions could still be brought against the 83-year-old paedophile.

Police are already investigating five new allegations, including the rape of a 12-year-old girl.

A legal source said last night: “We are fully expecting this sentence to be increased significantly.

“But if, for whatever reason, it is not we are actively looking at further prosecutions.

“There is a general feeling throughout the country that justice was not done in this case.

“Stuart Hall should be facing a much longer sentence. These were very serious offences involving young girls which went on for many decades.”

Hall was jailed last month at Preston crown court after admitting ­indecently assaulting girls as young as nine between 1967 and 1987.

A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “We can confirm we have received further allegations against Mr Hall and we are working closely with the Crown Prosecution Service to determine the most appropriate course of action.”

More than 150 members of the public complained to Mr Grieve about Hall’s “lenient” sentence.

After he was charged, the former It’s a Knockout star vehemently denied the allegations. But he later admitted his crimes.

Some victims were known to him through family friends. He used champagne and elocution lessons to get to the girls.

Even if Hall’s sentenced is increased by the Appeal Court, police will still ­investigate the other claims of sexual abuse against him.

Judge Anthony Russell QC told the court he had to sentence Hall based on the maximum sentence available at the time the crimes were committed, which was two to five years.

However, the maximum sentence for similar horrific offences has now been increased to 10 years.

by Andy Lines

Advertisements

0 comments on “Paedophile TV presenter Stuart Hall to face new sex charges if jail sentence is not increased

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: