sexual abuse of children

All posts in the sexual abuse of children category

A sadistic paedophile has been jailed for 16 years for what a veteran judge called “the worst case” he’d heard.

Published January 4, 2013 by JS2

Image

 

One of his two victims was four when he first assaulted her – and lashed her with a dog lead when she struggled

A sadistic paedophile has been jailed for 16 years for what a veteran judge called “the worst case” he’d heard.

One of Robert Sullivan’s two victims was four when he first assaulted her – and lashed her with a dog lead when she struggled.

Chester crown court heard Sullivan, now 68, tied one girl to a radiator in a disused factory before raping her and beating her over the head with a piece of wood.

He raped one victim on Christmas Eve, smashing down a toilet door at a house in Winsford, Cheshire.

The court heard the defendant used the girls as “playthings” to fulfil his own sexual gratification in a “cycle of violent and sadistic behaviour.”

The abuse went on between 1977 and 1984.

Sullivan was arrested in 2009 but went on the run for 22 months before being caught last July.

He admitted 25 sex charges, including nine rapes.

“Childhood memories are mostly supposed to be happy, sadly for both these victims their memories were nothing short of a nightmare,” said prosecutor John Wyn Williams, who said the girls had told people about the abuse back in the 80s but were never taken seriously.

Judge Elgan Edwards called Sullivan “foul”, adding: “Anyone who has heard this case shudders for what you did.

“I have been sitting in this court for some considerable period of time, I have not heard a worse case than this.

“You will spend most of the rest of your life in custody but I’m sure you deserve it.”

Truro child minder Mitchell Sadler jailed for sexually abusing young girls

Published December 13, 2012 by JS2

By WBKatri This is Cornwall

A CHILD minder who lavished presents on a 13-year-old girl and sexually abused her has been jailed for three and a half years at Truro Crown Court.

Mitchell Sadler, 43, of Perranwell Station, near Truro, was convicted by a jury last month of six charges of sex abuse after grooming the youngster, who was not under his care as a child minder.

Sentencing Sadler, Recorder Andrew Oldland QC, today (DEC 13)  told him: “Your victim was particularly naive and vulnerable for reasons of which you were fully aware.

“You gave her presents and inveigled your way into her trust.  You groomed her, you contacted her repeatedly using text messages or internet chat rooms, expressing your love for her.”

He was also given a  Sexual Offences Prevention Order to run for the next 15 years and told that he must sign the Sex Offenders’ Register – which he would remain on indefinitely.

The Recorder said  that Sadler was of previous good character but as a child minder he was aware of the consequences of sexual abuse.

The court was told that he kissed the girl and touched her inappropriately and tried to stop her telling others what had happened.

There were two aggravating features, her vulnerability and  repeated sexual contact but he accepted that the offences were not the most serious of their type.

 

does the time fit the crime?? definately NOT

Monster gets just 9 years for rape of boy, 7

Published December 13, 2012 by JS2

Image

 

By NIAMH GRIFFIN and CONOR GALLAGHER
 

A TWISTED pervert who raped and abused a seven-year-old boy was caged for nine years yesterday.

Sex beast Clive Dwyer already had a conviction for abusing another young boy.

The 30-year-old, from Clondalkin, Dublin, had denied raping the youngster in the child’s Co Kildare home between 1999 and 2002.

He had told the Central Criminal Court jury he only confessed to gardai because he had been questioned early in the morning and hadn’t had a cup of coffee yet.

The court was told earlier that the assaults had turned his young victim into a recluse who didn’t play sport or want to be with his friends.

The boy spent a lot of time on his own and only understood the rape was not his fault during the trial, a garda said. Dwyer had denied four counts of sexual assault and four counts of rape.

But a jury of seven men and five women found him guilty last month on all counts.

Sentencing him yesterday, Mr Justice George Birmingham said there had been overwhelming evidence against Dwyer and “no expression of remorse or regret” on his part.

He said the offences were “grave” but noted Dwyer was himself the victim of sexual abuse as a child.

Dwyer had previous convictions from 2003 relating to the sexual assault of a male child for which he received a suspended sentence.

Justice Birmingham caged him for nine years with five years’ post-release supervision. This was backdated to when he went into custody.

He agreed with Remy Farrell SC, defending, that Dwyer had himself been abused as a boy of 14 and that a man had been convicted for attacking him.

Dwyer, who was doing his Leaving Cert at the time of his offence, has now been registered as a sex offender.

 

Caldicot teen paedophile locked up for raping and assaulting girl, 12

Published December 13, 2012 by JS2

courtesy of South Wales Argus

   A TEENAGE paedophile was locked up for 12 months after admitting sexual offences against a 12-year-old girl.

Ieuan Smith, 18, pleaded guilty to raping and sexually assaulting the girl on the first day of his trial on November 5.

Newport Crown Court heard on Tuesday that Smith, of Lapwing Avenue, Caldicot, was 17 at the time of the offences. But he lied about his age to others to make them think he was around 14 or 15 years old.

Martyn Kelly, prosecuting, said the incidents, which happened earlier this year, had had a “devastating” effect on the victim, who developed an eating disorder and started to self-harm.

   It has also impacted on her family, including her mother, who now constantly worries about her daughter.

James Tucker, defending, said Smith was immature for his age but said he could say nothing to mitigate the horrendous effect the incidents had had on his victim. 

Judge Rhys Rowlands told Smith that sexual offences were considered a very serious crime and told him he should not have had anything to do with a child of the girl’s age. He said: “You should have known better.

“The way you have behaved has had a profound effect both on the girl and her family.”

   Smith was given a 12-month detention and training order in young offenders’ institution.

He was also made the subject of a sexual offences protection order banning him from living with and being left unsupervised with children under the age of 16 for five years. 

He got just one year for ruining this young childs life!! something has to change!!!

Pervert jailed for four years

Published December 12, 2012 by JS2

A PERVERT who gave a 14-year-old Stratford girl ‘options’ over what sex acts he wanted her to perform with him has been jailed for four years.

Alex Harradine, who had regularly contacted the girl after meeting her at a wedding they both attended, was also ordered to register as a sex offender for life.

Harradine, 26, of Grosvenor Road, Luton, had denied five charges of causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, one of causing the girl to watch a sex act and one of sexual activity with a child.

But he was found guilty by a jury at Warwick Crown Court who also convicted him of attempting to sexually assault a younger girl while babysitting and two charges of causing or inciting that girl to engage in sexual activity.

During the trial the Stratford girl’s mother said that in March 2010 she was passing her daughter’s bedroom and heard her tell someone over the phone what time she left for work.

She then heard her daughter ask ‘the first choice is?’ and pause before asking what the second and third choices were.

The mother found a high volume of contact between her daughter and Harradine by phone and over the internet.

When she questioned her, the girl revealed occasions when he had exposed himself and got her to touch him, and he had sexually touched her.

She said Harradine had also sent her naked pictures of him sexually holding himself, which she had deleted, and asked her to send him one of her naked, but she had refused.

The girl said she had also turned down requests by him to perform sex acts on him and to have intercourse.

When Harradine was arrested he answered ‘no comment’ to all questions put to him about his contact with the girl.

But further investigations uncovered the fact that he had also abused a girl in Luton when her parents had used him as a babysitter when she was aged nine or ten.

Harradine claimed in court that none of the incidents had happened, and accused both girls of lying after trying to blackmail him – but the jury quickly rejected his story.

Marion Smullen, defending, said: “This is a young man of previous good character who was in full-time employment. But he is not the most emotionally mature young man.”

 

Man fled to Bulgaria after cleaner found indecent images on computer

Published December 12, 2012 by JS2

A man fled to Bulgaria for three years after his cleaner found indecent photos of young girls on his computer.

George States was caught after his cleaner went to police to tell them what she had seen in his Leith flat.

Advocate depute Suzanne Tanner told the High Court in Edinburgh: “The accused’s Toshiba lap-top computer, which was situated on the right hand side of the room on a desk, was switched on and was displaying a slide show of images.”

The cleaner saw four photos of girls aged about nine or ten “posing in an inappropriate manner”.

Police returned to the flat in Iona Street with a search warrant and seized computer equipment which was handed on to experts. They found a total of 265,242 still images and 1233 video clips, most of them at the lower end of the scale.

States, 67, appeared in court in July 2009 and was released on bail. He failed to attend a court hearing the following March and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

The court heard despite an order to surrender his passport, which had been a condition of bail, father-of-three States was traced to Bulgaria. He was arrested there on August 12 this year and brought back to Scotland three weeks later.

States appeared from custody on Wednesday and admitted making indecent photos or pseudo-photos between December 2007 and July 2009.

He also pleaded guilty to a charge of breaking the conditions of his bail.

Judge Lord Turnbull called for background reports and remanded States in custody pending sentence next month.