child abuse images

All posts tagged child abuse images

Man jailed again for child abuse images

Published August 6, 2013 by misty534

images (16)

 

A MAN who started downloading indecent images of children just 16 months after he was released from prison for similar offences is back behind bars.

Brett Saunders, of Beaulieu Close, Toothill, had thousands of pictures and movies of child abuse on his computer which he was banned from owning.

The 40-year-old was caught after an investigation by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre into a website where ‘bespoke’ images of abuse were made.

Rosie Collins, prosecuting, told Swindon Crown Court the site could only be accessed by prior knowledge and involved having specialist software downloaded.

“It was a site were movies were effectively being made to order: bespoke movies,” she told the court, adding there was no indication he had been involved in ordering abuse.

They traced one of the users to Saunders and arrested him at his home in Swindon in September last year. When they searched it they found a laptop, a hard drive, two thumb drives, and a mobile phone, none of which he was allowed to have.

The hardware and storage media were examined and found to contain more than 5,000 images and movies of children being abused.

Miss Collins said the vast majority of them were of victims under the age of 13 with some as young as three or four years old.

She said in May 2010 he was jailed for eight months and also put under a sexual offences prevention order.

The terms of that order meant he was not allowed to use a computer or other device without approved filter software and the permission of the police.

When he was questioned he admitted he had been downloading indecent images of children saying he couldn’t explain why he started doing it again.

Saunders pleaded guilty to breaching a sexual offences prevention order, eight counts of making and one of possessing indecent images of children.

He was jailed in 2010 after a work mate found one of his CDs of vile images lying about at work, and when police were closing in on him he threw a laptop into a river.

Graham Bennett, defending, said that during his short prison sentence he received little help for his addiction to the material he was looking at.

He said he knew that he was facing the prospect of a jail term for what he had done.

Passing sentence Judge Euan Ambrose said: “Between November 2011 and September last year, a period of about ten-and-a- half months, you searched for, sought out and downloaded no fewer than 5,672 indecent images of children.

“In all probability there were more on your computer, but the police only have resources to catalogue them so far.

“You express remorse and a desire to seek treatment. While there is no reason to suppose those expressions are not sincere, they have to be viewed against the background here of repeat offending and the manner in which you breached the sexual offences prevention order.

“These were offences committed within a relatively short time after your release from your last prison sentence.”

He jailed him for two years and eight months and imposed a new sexual offences prevention order for when he is finally released.

 

This is Wiltshire

Businessman became ‘obsessed’ with child abuse after sauna visit

Published July 16, 2013 by misty534

images (6)

A businessman who hoarded thousands of child abuse images and filmed a 13-year-old girl changing her clothes has been jailed for more than three years.

Graham Macfarlane was snared after police intercepted an online conversation about sharing the images with a man in Canada. Officers then raided his house, where they found more than 4600 child abuse pictures and 759 videos.

They also discovered a video showing a young girl changing, which Macfarlane admitted he had made by hiding his mobile phone in his trouser pockets before hanging them up with the phone poking out and the video camera switched on.

The 57-year-old, who ran a building maintenance firm before his arrest, told detectives he had become “obsessed” with viewing images of child abuse after being introduced to them by clients at an Edinburgh sauna.

A court heard that Macfarlane shared the images and videos with people online, on some occasions while his young granddaughter was present.

Sheriff George Way imposed a five-year and four month extended sentence on Macfarlane, meaning he will spend two years on licence when he is released from the 40-month jail term.

The sheriff also noted his “disappointment” that Macfarlane had complained about the “poor quality” of the video he took of the young girl rather than showing any empathy for the damage caused to her.

He said: “The content of the images was totally disgusting and I won’t even attempt to describe it in detail, but it showed extremely young girls in scenes of rape and bondage.

“You went to great planning to avoid detection, and only a custodial sentence will mark the court’s efforts to denounce this vile trade.”

Fiscal depute Isma Mukhtar told Dundee Sheriff Court that 67 of the still images and 25 of the videos found on Macfarlane’s computers were at the top end of the scale used to measure their severity.

Macfarlane, of Seagate, Dundee, admitted to three charges of downloading and distributing indecent images of children and that on January 13 2012 he recorded a girl under the age of 16 removing her clothing with the intent of him or others viewing the image.

Rosemary Scott, defending, said: “He hadn’t thought through the seriousness of this, but now he’s fully aware of it.”

 

STV News

Teacher Simon Clannachan admits downloading child abuse images and extreme animal porn

Published July 1, 2013 by misty534

JB040613bMagsClannachan2

 

A PRIMARY school teacher has admitted making indecent images of children and possessing extreme animal porn at court.

Simon Clannachan, 40, of Richmond Park Avenue, pleaded guilty to 21 counts at Bournemouth Crown Court.

The charges relate to 236 child abuse images of varying levels of severity, from grade one to the highest level, grade five.

The Kingsleigh Primary School teacher, who was suspended from his job and has since resigned, clasped his hands in front of him and rocked on his heels as he admitted the charges, which date from March 2009 until the same month of this year.

Seven of the charges relate to extreme pornographic images involving animals.

The rest of the charges relate to making indecent images of children.

Clannachan, who wore a suit and purple tie, looked ashen as he told the court he was guilty of each of the charges.

He kept his eyes fixed forward during the short hearing, when each of the 21 charges were read aloud.

His voice shook when admitting to all animal pornography charges.

Clannachan, represented by Kevin Hill, will be sentenced on July 26 at the same court.

He faces a number of bail conditions, including not to return to Kingsleigh Primary School without prior appointment, not to visit Richmond Park Road and not to have any unsupervised contact with children under the age of 18.

Kingsleigh headteacher Richard Gower said: “We are pleased this matter has been concluded through the Justice system and that Mr Clannachan has pleaded guilty to these heinous crimes.

“This has been a very difficult time for all those involved, not just our staff, many of whom have felt a deep sense of anger and betrayal that one of our profession could engage in such activities, but for everyone in our school community.

“Our parents particularly have been very supportive of the school and the actions that we have taken and I would like to extend my praise and sincere thanks to them for their understanding and patience in coming to terms with the situation. It has not been easy for any of us to say the least and support remains in place for those in need.

“There has been a thorough multi agency investigation throughout involving the Police and Children’s Social Care and from the very outset of this being brought to our attention Mr Clannachan has not returned to our school.

“I wish to make it clear that had he not resigned we would have brought dismissal proceedings against him.

“The school checks and vets all staff thoroughly and has robust safeguarding procedures in place to ensure children in its care are not at risk. Mr Clannachan was also subject to those checks but he had no previous record against him. He most certainly does now.

“Kingsleigh Primary is a great school where children thrive and teachers are passionate about learning. We have much to be proud of and one individual’s criminal actions does not change the way we feel about the school.

“As we learn to move on from this brief but dark chapter in our history I can speak for everyone at the school when I say we continue to concentrate our efforts on enabling all our children to reach their full potential in a safe environment.  They deserve this.”

Dorset Echo

Bishop Auckland MP calls for immediate Government action on internet porn

Published June 9, 2013 by misty534

484794_422204404554031_395387765_n

 

A NORTH-EAST MP has called for immediate Government action to halt the growth of child pornography on the internet.

David Cameron today demanded that search providers such as Google to do more to rid the web of child porn, warning that lives are being put at risk.

The Prime Minister said he was “sickened” by the proliferation of child porn which “pollutes the internet” and told companies to stop making excuses for failing to remove offensive graphic images.

Leading internet search providers (ISPs) have now been summoned to a meeting with culture secretary Maria Miller and Mr Cameron’s adviser on the issue, Tory MP Claire Perry, on June 17.

It is believed search providers will be asked to set up investigation units whose sole responsibility will be to track down child pornography and other illegal obscene images and remove them from the internet.

Mr Cameron said: “I am sickened by the proliferation of child pornography. It pollutes the internet, twists minds and is quite simply a danger to children.

“There are encouraging signs that the industry is willing to step up, increasing funding and technical support for organisations combating child sexual abuse imagery online. But I want more action.

“The time for excuses and blame is over – we must all work together. The safety of our children is at stake – and nothing matters more than that”.

However, shadow culture minister Helen Goodman said that while she welcomed the move, she denounced the length of time it had taken for the government to act and called on the Prime Minister to made specific demands of search providers.

She said: “David Cameron’s call for internet companies to do more is welcome, but it is important he puts specific requirements on them”.

The Bishop Auckland MP said Labour would make “safe search” the default and called for the introduction of robust age verification.

She also called for the introduction of “splash pages” to display warnings of graphic content.

Ms Goodman said: “We introduced that onto gambling sites in the last parliament, so we know it works.

“David Cameron came into government saying this would be the most family-friendly government we have ever had.

“But it is two years since his independent Bailey review (into the pressures on children to grow up too quickly) and he has still not come forward with a communications bill.

“We need action now”.

Research by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) has suggested that more than half of those who view child abuse images go on to commit abuse themselves.

Last week, academics from Durham University wrote to the Prime Minister calling for a tightening of the law to criminalise websites offering “rape porn”.

Pressure for action to deal with offensive imagery on the internet has been growing since the trial of Mark Bridger, who was convicted last month of the murder of five-year-old April Jones and was found to have a cache of 65 criminal abuse images.

A campaign set up after the death of Darlington 17-year-old Ashleigh Hall, murdered by a paedophile posing as a teenage boy, led to a change in the rules governing social networking sites.

 

Darlington & Stockton Times

Middlesbrough porn addict ‘desensitised’ to extreme images, court told

Published April 16, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

A WAREHOUSEMAN became desensitised to extreme pornography and child abuse pictures after spending hours a night looking at it.

John Blanchard, 41, was said to have become “hooked” on the filth as he trawled the internet looking for increasingly depraved images.

Among the vile photographs and short films found on Blanchard’s computer were naked children as young as eight, a court heard today (Monday, April 15).

There were also dozens of examples of adults having sex with animals – which is classed as extreme pornography by the authorities.

 Blanchard was spared prison when he appeared at TeessideCrown Court after a judge heard he had never before been in trouble.

Judge Peter Armstrong described the pervert as living an “isolated” life and someone who used the internet for “entertainment”.

Blanchard was given a six-month suspended jail sentence with supervision and was ordered to go on a sex offender treatment course.

He was ordered to pay £450 costs, will have to sign on the sex offenders’ register, and he was also banned from working with children.

Judge Armstrong said: “Fortunately you didn’t distribute the child images, otherwise you would have to go to prison straight away.

“The image I have of you is that you were an isolated person, using the internet for entertainment, and then, out of curiosity, coming across these images and then getting hooked on watching them for hours at a time.”

Dan Cordey, mitigating, said Blanchard progressed from looking at adult pornography to more serious images, usually in the early hours.

“He would look at them out of curiosity and he stumbled across pictures and videos of children who were clearly underage.

“He would say he began to look for pornography and got to the stage where, he now accepts, he became desensitised,” said Mr Cordey.

“Sometimes it would be three- or four-hour sessions looking at pornography and he got to the stage where he was unable to differentiate between what was acceptable and what was not.”

Blanchard, of Sycamore Crescent, Middlesbrough, admitted making an possessing indecent images of children and possessing extreme pornography and prohibited images.

At an earlier magistrates court hearing, Blanchard, who worked for a big DIY chain, was described as being addicted to pornography.

Police searched the home he shared with his parents after receiving information that a computer there was accessing illegal websites.

 
 
Northern Echo