indecent images

All posts tagged indecent images

Queensland MP Peter Dowling steps down amid scandal over indecent images

Published August 6, 2013 by misty534

Australian state lawmaker Peter Dowling has stepped down as the head of an ethics committee after being accused of sending raunchy pictures of himself to a woman, describing his actions as indefensible.

The allegations made against Mr Dowling, a member of Queensland state’s ruling conservative Liberal National Party came after the Courier-Mail newspaper reported  a woman claiming to be the politician’s mistress had sent a letter detailing their two-and-a-half-year affair to state parliament speaker Fiona Simpson.

The newspaper alleges it had seen several explicit text messages exchanged between Dowling and the woman, including a picture of a penis resting in a glass of wine. The photo was accompanied by the message, “He wanted a Red Wine…”

Dowling is also accused of taking advantage of parliament business trips to meet the woman, whose name and identity remains unknown.

Dowling acknowledged he accepted more than 20,000 Australian dollars worth of free flight upgrades. Queensland’s parliament exempts travel upgrades from its rules that politicians declare all gifts worth more than AU$500.

On Tuesday morning, Dowling, who has two children with his wife of 27 years, stood before his fellow lawmakers to offer a mea culpa.

“I owe my family an apology. I am sorry for the pain and embarrassment I caused you,” he said. “I am not proud of the events plastered all over the paper. I can’t and won’t defend any part of it.”

However, he denied he had violated any disclosure rules, but would still stand down as ethics committee chairman and from the parliamentary crime and misconduct committee until an investigation by the Clerk of Parliament into his travel is complete.

The ethics committee handles complaints about the behavior of the state’s politicians, and the crime and misconduct committee monitors the Crime and Misconduct Commission, an anti-corruption agency.

“In relation to the allegations made to the use of travel allowances, I can assure the House that I have complied fully with all the guidelines and requirements of the parliament,” he said in parliament. “However, I do not wish for this issue and for my family to be dragged through the media any longer than necessary. I will answer any questions, front any investigation.

“I don’t want pity. I only ask that my family be left alone while this matter is considered by the clerk.”

Dowling may have a particularly tough time finding forgiveness in Queensland, a socially conservative state. Until the late 1980s, Queensland only allowed the sale of Playboy magazines that had been heavily edited to remove photos of exposed female genitalia.

The controversy over Dowling’s actions has drawn comparisons to the sexting debacle surrounding New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner. Weiner is facing angry demands that he drop out of the race following an admission that he’d traded sexually graphic messages with women even after resigning from Congress two years ago for doing the same thing.

 

By Heather Saul

Former Hove resident sentenced for making more than 20,000 indecent images of children

Published May 28, 2013 by misty534

images

A former Hove resident has been sentenced for making more than 20,000 indecent images of children.

Neil La Touche, 36, a freelance computer engineer, was arrested in November 2010 in a flat in Cromwell Rd, Hove, was sentenced at Lewes Crown Court on Friday May 25, having previously pleaded guilty to drawing the indecent images from the internet.

The prosecution resulted from an intelligence-led investigation by the Paedophile On-Line Investigation Team (POLIT) ofSussex Police.

Detective Constable Jane Tunnicliff said: “There was no evidence of any ‘contact’ offending with children whether directly or on-line, and no evidence that any of the images, which were drawn from the Internet, were of local children. But of course every image represents in itself an offence of child abuse.”

La Touche, now of Swanfield Road, Hull, was sentenced to nine months imprisonment suspended for two years, and was given a two-year supervision order and was served with a Sexual Offence Prevention Order (SOPO) severely restricting his access to the Internet.

He is also required to register as a sex offender for ten years and is required to attend a Sex Offender Treatment Programme (SOTP).

He is also required to carry out 200 hours of community service and to pay court costs of £300.

 

The Argus

Army officer and pervert from Nailsea escapes jail

Published May 21, 2013 by misty534

An Army officer from Nailsea who secretly filmed children as young as five in swimming pools and at supermarkets been spared a jail sentence.

  1. Lt Col Mark Radway 

    Lt Col Mark Radway

 

Lt Col Mark Radway, aged 42, also took ‘up-skirt’ films and photographs of children near his barracks in Tidworth, Wiltshire.

He was suspended by the Army after pleading guilty to making, taking and distributing indecent images.

Radway was given a three-year community order and three-year supervision order.

Sentencing him at Bristol Crown Court, Judge Geoffrey Mercer QC told Radway he would also have to complete a 60-day sex offenders programme.

Radway, who changed his name from Mark Stephen Smyth in March this year, took the images of children – aged five to 16 – between January 2011 and November 2012.

The officer, from the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, uploaded the content on to film-sharing websites.

He was told by Judge Geoffrey Mercer QC: “You have essentially lost your military career.

“That in itself is a considerable punishment.”

He was caught when the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre identified his username.

Radway, who was in charge of a battalion, admitted six charges of distributing, six charges of taking and four charges of making indecent images.

Radway was found to have downloaded 4,992 images classified in categories one to five – including seven classed at category five – the most serious.

Officers also found 15 videos ranging from category one to four and 16 other prohibited images.

Nadeem Aullybocus, prosecuting, said that after downloaded those images Radway went on to take up to 43 others.

“He (in a police interview) said it all started as a game of risk which was all about the thrill and adrenaline rush,” Mr Aullybocus said.

The officer destroyed four computers before police could seize them, meaning the full extent of his offending is not known, the court was told.

Rosaleen Collins, defending, said a custodial sentence would mean the loss of more than £1m to her client in lost earnings and pensions.

“What he had was a very distinguished career of duties in a number of places around the world, and in war zones,” she said.

Miss Collins said Radway had no plans to return to service after being suspended by the Army.

 

by Carol Deacon

Police officer spared jail despite having 3,000 pictures of young girls on his computer

Published May 17, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

  • PC Adam Holbrook had 16 indecent images of young girls on his laptop
  • Other photos showed underage girls in school uniform or in bikinis
  • Searches of the machine showed he had searched online for ‘teen jail bait’

 

A decorated policeman caught with thousands of pictures of young girls on his computer – some of them naked – was today spared jail.

Metropolitan Police Constable Adam Holbrook, who was based in Waltham Forest, was found with 3000 pictures of underage girls on his computer, of which 16 were of them posing naked or half naked.

Holbrook was arrested on August 7 last year following an investigation which found he had surfed sites which promoted themselves as sources of ‘jailbait’ images.

The 29-year-old had received a commendation award in 2007 for his work at a murder scene in East London where music producer Richie Holmes was shot dead.

Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard that a search of his laptop recovered the images, which included 16 classified as indecent.

Detective Constable James Low from the Met Police Paedophile Unit said the haul included girls aged between 13 and 16 posing semi-naked in the shower and a girl of about 14 embracing another girl while semi-naked on a bed.

They were deemed to be of level one, the lowest category of five.

‘It was based on what the girls look like, how formed they were and their faces in terms of determining how old they were,’ he told the court.

‘In my opinion 16 of these images were children.’

Of the rest of the photos, DC Low said: ‘They depicted more girls aged mainly 13 to 18 years old.

‘They were predominately schoolgirls, in school uniform at school, or bikinis at the beach. They were not indecent but they were in variety of settings and scenarios.’

During his evidence, Holbrook claimed that the images downloaded onto his machine without his knowledge while he was searching for legitimate pornographic material.

However, District Judge Nicholas Evans, dismissed this claim. He said there was no way that the officer did not know what he was doing.

‘Mr Holbrook has given evidence and I have said that I did not find it terribly convincing,’ said the judge.

‘[His claim that] “I am looking for 18 or 19 year olds which seek to pass themselves off as being younger”, is neither realistic or credible.

‘It is clear that if he is looking for, as he accepts he was, the underage look, he finds that interesting, simulating or whatever, and he is looking for that.

‘I don’t think he is looking for 18 or 19-year-olds that look younger, he would be likely to look at younger women.’

He added: ‘It does not matter where these images came from and when they were downloaded, it is sufficient in this case for the court to conclude that the defendant was browsing for such images of people under 16.

‘I am satisfied that he deliberately, knowingly brought these images onto his screen.’

The court heard that an analysis of Holbrook’s computer showed he was browsing a website with a name including the sick term ‘jail bait’, while his search history included terms such as ‘teen jail bait’.

During the trial, the court heard evidence from forensic computer expert DC Patrick Hyde. He said the site would be shut down under UK rules but continues running because it is based in the U.S.

Despite 36 complaints to the Internet Watch Foundation accusing the website of hosting inappropriate photos of children, Mr Hyde said it continued to operate because American legislation was different than that in the UK.

The court heard in a police interview, Holbrook submitted a statement which said he believed all the girls in the pictures were over 18.

Holbrook denied one count of making sixteen Level 1 indecent images of children.

He was ordered to pay a £640 fine, £450 in court costs and a victims surcharge of £15.

The officer was suspended from his duties with the Met, but after his conviction faces being sacked.

Mail online

Brighton sex pervert who downloaded extreme porn jailed for a year

Published May 13, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

A 34-YEAR-OLD pervert downloaded extreme pornographic images.

Christopher Leaney, of Cuckmere Way, Hollingbury, Brighton, appeared at Hove Crown Court on Thursday and was jailed for a year.

At an earlier hearing he had pleaded guilty to 18 offences relating to the making indecent images of children, possession of prohibited images and possession of extreme pornography.

In total Leaney had 104 videos and 590 indecent images of children ranging up to the most serious levels.

He also had four prohibited images, five extreme pornographic videos and four extreme images.

Leaney was also served with a Sexual Offence Prevention Order (SOPO) to run until further directed by the court, strictly restricting his use of the internet and restricted from contacting aged under 16.

In addition he will be required to register as a sex offender for ten years on his release from prison.

Detective Constable Jackie Keogh said: “There is no evidence to suggest that any of the images were of local children or that Leaney was committing any contact offences, either directly or on-line, but every image by its very nature shows an offence against a child, and some of these images were truly appalling.”

 

By Anna Roberts

‘Revolting’ child abuse pics found

Published May 8, 2013 by misty534

A 43-YEAR-OLD man has been jailed for six months for downloading thousands of indecent photographs and movies of children.

Police found the images on three laptops owned by Gary Titchener after officers searched his home in Spencer Street, Alvaston.

 
  1. DerbyCourt2

     

Yesterday, at Derby Crown Court, Titchener admitted downloading a total of 3,067 images between November 2008 and June 2012.

Jailing Titchener, Judge John Gosling said: “The reason these crimes, which are depressingly prevalent, are so serious not only because they involve such dreadful sexual abuse on young children, but also because they (the victims) realise when they grow up they can never delete the images for perverted eyes to view.”

He added: “People like you provide the demand for others to produce this revolting material.”

The judge said that he felt he would not be doing his “public duty” if he did not pass a custodial sentence in Titchener’s case.

Prosecutor Sarah Slater told the court that officers had searched Titchener’s home on June 12. She said the images on the three laptops range from category one to five – the most extreme.

In a police interview, Titchener admitted downloading indecent images.

“He said that only since the laptops had been seized had he realised how serious it was what he was doing,” said Miss Slater.

Dean Bower, in mitigation, said: “The pre-sentence report by the probation service deals with his explanation for how and why these images came to be on his computers.”

But Mr Bower said he would not expand on this in open court.

When Titchener is released from prison he must obey a sexual offences prevention order, which includes allowing the police to inspect his internet use at any time, and sign the sex offenders’ register for up to seven years.

The judge banned him for life from working with children.

This is Derbyshire

A ROTHERHAM man who admitted taking indecent pictures of children has had his jail sentence reduced.

Published May 7, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

Gavin Charlton’s girlfriend reported him after finding erotic pictures of an underage girl on his mobile phone.

Police later found more images on his computer and Charlton pleaded guilty at Teeside Crown Court in February to eight charges of making indecent images of a child and five of taking indecent pictures.

The university graduate, of Wilson Drive, Rotherham, who previously lived on Teeside, was jailed for 18 months.

But the Appeal Court cut his sentence to 14 months after hearing that the six images on his phone and the 174 on his computer were all at the lowest end of the scale, showing naked children but with no sexual activity taking place.

His lawyers argued that the original sentence had been more appropriate for someone involved in producing images for commercial gain.

But their claim that he should have been given a suspended sentence was rejected.

 

 

Rotheram adviser

Steven McArthur jailed over 20,000 indecent images of Children

Published May 2, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

A man who was caught with 20,000 indecent images of children has been jailed for four-and-a-half years.

Police raided Steven McArthur’s family home in Dunoon, Argyll, on 14 May last year following a wider investigation by West Midlands Police.

The 25-year-old admitted the charges against him, claiming he had an obsession which caused “no harm”.

At the High Court in Glasgow, McArthur was ordered to be supervised for another four years after his release.

The court heard how McArthur was caught after it was discovered he had passed on some images via a file-sharing website.

Obsessive habit

Prosecutor Sheena Fraser said: “He admitted viewing indecent images from the age of 13 until the day before the search.

“He claimed it was an obsession that he found impossible to give up as he found them sexually stimulating.”

Ms Fraser added McArthur knew what he was doing was illegal, but “saw no harm in his actions”.

The advocate depute went on: “He further claimed he did not require counselling or rehabilitation.”

The court heard that the images found were mainly of male children ranging in ages up to about 15.

 

bbc news

Steven McArthur jailed over 20,000 indecent images of Children

Published May 2, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

A man who was caught with 20,000 indecent images of children has been jailed for four-and-a-half years.

Police raided Steven McArthur’s family home in Dunoon, Argyll, on 14 May last year following a wider investigation by West Midlands Police.

The 25-year-old admitted the charges against him, claiming he had an obsession which caused “no harm”.

At the High Court in Glasgow, McArthur was ordered to be supervised for another four years after his release.

The court heard how McArthur was caught after it was discovered he had passed on some images via a file-sharing website.

Obsessive habit

Prosecutor Sheena Fraser said: “He admitted viewing indecent images from the age of 13 until the day before the search.

“He claimed it was an obsession that he found impossible to give up as he found them sexually stimulating.”

Ms Fraser added McArthur knew what he was doing was illegal, but “saw no harm in his actions”.

The advocate depute went on: “He further claimed he did not require counselling or rehabilitation.”

The court heard that the images found were mainly of male children ranging in ages up to about 15.

 

bbc news

Merseyside man found with 4000 indecent images is sentenced

Published April 27, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

A court’s heard today how police raided the home of a Merseyside man – and found he’d been downloading disgusting child porn images.
 
Officers from the Abusive Images Unit called at Robert Driessen’s home in January 2009 after investigations in to users of a website called boy lovers dot net revealed that he had accessing it using the name ‘hobnail boots’.
 
His computer equipment was seized and when it was analysed it was found to contain indecent images of children as well as extreme porn and more than 2,200 obscene cartoons involving child mutilation .
 
Driessen, of Aigburth Road, Aigburth pleaded guilty at Liverpool Crown Court to 22 offences involving downloading more than 4000 indecent images.
 
The judge said the 30-year-old, who has no previous convictions, needed help.
 
He’s been give a three year community order with attendance on the “ardous” Northumbria Sex Offenders Programme – the judge also said the public would be best protected by Driessen being given assistance.
 
He’s also been ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register for five years the judge also imposed a Sex Offences Prevention Order restricting his Internet use for the same length of time.
 
 
juice fm