paedophile gang

All posts tagged paedophile gang

Oxford paedophile gang jailed for life for crimes of ‘extreme depravity which took the soul’ of young girls

Published June 27, 2013 by misty534

web-oxford-ring

The five leading figures in the Oxford paedophile sex ring were jailed for life today for carrying out “true evil.”

At the head of a seven-strong gang, they displayed “extreme depravity” and in at least one case “took the soul” of their young girl victims.

In sentencing Judge Peter Rook QC praised the immense courage of the victims to give evidence at the Old Bailey despite knowing they would be accused by their abusers of lying about their terrible ordeals.

Mohammed Karrar, 38, was handed two life sentences and ordered to serve a minimum of 20 years after being convicted of 18 charges.

His brother Bassam Karrar, 33, also received two life sentences of at least 15 years for nine charges.

The two ring leaders, the brothers  Akhtar Dogar, 32, and Anjum Dogar, 31, both received three life sentences with a minimum of 17 years.

Kamar Jamil, 27, received a life sentence with a minimum of 12 years,  Zeeshan Ahmed, 27, and Assad Hussain, 32, were both jailed for seven years each.

All but Hussain were said by the judge to pose a serious future risk to young girls.

The gang had been convicted last month after the jury heard how the girl victims were drugged, raped, trafficked and used as prostitutes while supposedly in the safe-keeping of the local authority in Oxford.

The gang – five men of Pakistani origin and two from North Africa – were found guilty of more than 40 charges spanning eight years, including rape, trafficking and organising prostitution.

The verdicts had led to apologies by police and social workers for their failures to protect the young victims.

Some as young as 11, they had all been targeted because they were vulnerable, drinking and taking drugs.

Today some were back in court and wept as the paedophiles sentenced.

Said the judge: “These were crimes of the utmost gravity. You exploited and abused these highly vulnerable young girls. On occasions the depravity was extreme.”

Detailing the suffering of each young victim in turn, the judge said that they became “entangled in true evil.”

All of them have suffered mental scars as well as the physical abuse. In one case “you took her soul, she felt it had been ripped out and she hated herself.”

In all six girls were abused between the ages of 11 and 15 in the Cowley area of Oxford.

The victims were forced to relive their horrors in some of the most distressing witness evidence heard at the Old Bailey.

One after the other, they broke down as they described how they were groomed, beaten, betrayed and sold into prostitution around the country.

One told how, aged  11, she was branded by a trafficker and loaned to other abusers for £600 an hour.

He had used a heated hairpin to carve her flesh to mark her as his property.

Over five years she was repeatedly raped by large groups of men in what she described as “torture sex.”

She was so frightened of her attacker that she refused to give evidence for fear he would hurt her again.

It was only after she was given legal advice that Girl D agreed to tell her story from a videolink from another room in the building.

Another victim, Girl A, complained of her plight to police on two occasions but no one was charged.

A care home manager refused to pay her taxi fare when she returned after absconding. The then 14-year-old was driven back to Oxford to be raped.

The worker was later sacked and the privately-run home where girls were placed by Oxford county council was closed down.

In a hearing yesterday statements from some of the victims’ parents were read out to the court, which described how the men had ruined theirs and their daughters’ lives.

One of the girls had considered suicide while another suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of the abuse, which took place between 2004 and last year in the Oxford area.

One of the mothers wrote of how the family was even forced to leave their home leading to her daughter receiving a phone call in which she was threatened with having her face cut off, and members of her family having their throat slit and being decapitated.

 

London Evening Standard

Oxford paedophile gang ‘threatened to cut off victim’s face and behead her baby’

Published June 26, 2013 by misty534

Impact statements read at the Old Bailey today detailed threats made against the girls for reporting the violence to police

Kamar-Jamil-Akhtar-Dogar-Anjum-Dogar-1888975

 

A sadistic child sex gang threatened to cut off the face of one young victim and decapitate her baby, a court has heard.

Parents of the victims described the horrific impact the campaign of torture and abuse had on their children as a judge prepares to sentence members of the paedophile ring.

Impact statements read at the Old Bailey today detailed threats made against the girls for reporting the violence to police and how the rapes have caused “irrevocable” damage.

The emotional accounts also showed how the families felt let down by police and social services, who failed to stop the rapes sooner despite parents begging for help.

Last month seven men, of Pakistani and North African origin, were found guilty of abusing six white girls from 2004 until last year in Oxford.

A five-month trial heard the child sex slaves were groomed, plied with hard drugs and raped before being sold for sex to other paedophiles across the country.

They were beaten and subjected to violent sex acts with up to 10 men a night.

Noel Lucas QC, prosecuting, read a statement from the mum of Girl C, who was raped from age 13 to 15, saying: “I don’t think she will ever get over it.

“She lost almost all her secondary education and was subjected to unspeakable horrors. She suffers nightmares, panic attacks and increased depression.

“Despite being a victim she bears a great deal of shame and embarrassment for what happened.”

She added the family had to move from Oxford because of threats after police were told.

She said: “The day before we finally left, she had a phone call from one associate of the gang threatening to cut her face off, decapitate her baby and slit my throat.”

All of the girls were known to the care system and some had vanished more than 100 times but nothing was done to stop the abuse.

In his statement, the father of Girl A said his family had been devastated after his daughter got involved with the men aged just 12.

He would scour the streets of Oxford trying to find her when she went missing for days.

“What should have been the best years in her life were turned into the worst.

“A bright young girl became a secretive and a frightened young girl who lost all ambition for the future.”

He added: “I feel we did everything we could as parents, yet we were constantly made to feel like it was our fault.”

Girl A’s mother begged social services for help when the abuse was happening, but no action was taken until last year when police and Oxfordshire council launched Operation Bullfinch to bring down the gang.

She said: “I feel a sense of vindication by the court’s findings against these men but it doesn’t take away the burden, the feeling of being condescended to and just plain insulted by the professionals who dealt with us back in the throes of the abuse she was suffering.”

Police fear the gang had at least 60 victims and hundreds of paedophiles raped the victims during the horrific abuse.

Six of the defendants listened from the dock as Mr Lucas outlined some of the victim impact statements, but Mohammed Karrar, 38, refused to come up from the cells.

He was convicted last month along with his brother, Bassam Karrar, 34, and another set of brothers, Akhtar Dogar, 32, and Anjum Dogar, 31, of charges including rape, trafficking and organising prostitution.

Kamar Jamil, 27, Assad Hussain, 32, and Zeeshan Ahmed, 28, were also convicted of abusing the girls.

Beginning mitigation of the defendants, Sally O’Neill, representing Jamil, told Judge Peter Rook that she wanted to give the men’s crimes a context as they were part of a “sordid, shameful and immoral world”.

“It was known to police and social services and, for whatever reason, there does not appear to have been any attempt to control it other than at the most superficial level,” she said.

They will all be sentenced tomorrow.

 

by Vicky Smith

UK: Alleged bus poison plotter claims he became HIV positive by ‘homosexual paedophile gang’

Published March 28, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

A man who claims he became HIV positive as a result of sexual abuse by a “homosexual paedophile gang” had “violent fantasies” about causing a deadly poison attack on a bus in Surrey.

Duncan Railton, 41, of Warlingham, Surrey, had the ingredients for a viable chemical weapon at his home, Guildford Crown Court heard.

The jury was told that when police raided his home in October 2012 he was found to have 98 different chemicals, including some that could make chlorine gas.

His “violent fantasies” were revealed during sessions with psychiatrist James Ovens.

Taking the witness stand on the first day of the trial, the BBC reports that Dr Ovens recalled how Mr Railton had spoken of using VX nerve gas on a bus in Caterham, Surrey.

The defendant claimed he had carried out a chlorine attack on an assembly while at school aged 14 or 15, but it merely made a few people slightly ill from the fumes, the jury heard.

Mr Railton had been receiving mental health treatment since 2007.

The 41-year-old claimed he became HIV positive as a result of sexual abuse by a “homosexual paedophile gang” as a child.

Mr Railton also spoke of revenge attacks targeting people who abused him as a teenager and their families.

The court heard evidence of his research was later found on his computer.

Jurors were told Dr Ovens broke patient confidentiality and notified police, leading to Mr Railton’s arrest on 4 October 2012.

When interviewed by police, Mr Railton produced a prepared statement, writing that they were fantasies and he never intended to hurt anyone.

He also claimed “voices” had taken him over while he spoke to Dr Ovens, but that they “couldn’t make him do anything”.

Mr Railton had been taking anti-psychotic drugs but had stopped because they had side effects which gave him a heart condition.

Graham Smith, prosecuting, told the jury: “He was planning to kill and cause serious physical harm to numerous members of the public.

“He was planning to do this by releasing a chemical on public transport – he thought most likely a bus.

“He said [to Dr Ovens] he had a large stash of chemicals at his home address. He appeared to be excited at the idea of the death and destruction they would cause.”

Mr Railton denies two charges of possessing dangerous or noxious things and making threats to kill.

The trial continues.