Philippines

All posts tagged Philippines

‘They filmed us digging our own graves’: Young girls reveal terrifying details of what went on in ‘horror house’ of Australian man arrested on child sex abuse charges… after child’s body is found under his home

Published March 1, 2015 by JS2
  • Peter Gerald Scully was arrested in Philippines on child sex abuse charges
  • The Melbourne man, 51, is also now implicated in a 10-year-old girl’s death
  • He was charged with human trafficking and child porn-related offences in 2014 from alleged sexual abuse of Filipino girls and posting videos online
  • Scully had evaded capture until February 20 after his arrest, a former partner told police Scully had killed one of his child victims in 2013
  • Graphic video footage led to the rescue of seven young victims 
  • Agents on case describe footage as ‘the worst video we have encountered’

Screen Shot 2015-03-01 at 21.22.06

The unspeakably twisted world of a bankrupt Australian businessman is unravelling after he moved to the Philippines and allegedly lured innocent children into his home – and has now been implicated in a child’s death.

Peter Gerald Scully, from Melbourne, was charged last year with human trafficking and child porn-related offences arising from his alleged sexual abuse of Filipino girls which was filmed and then posted online for paying clients.

The 51-year-old managed to avoid being arrested until February 20 this year before a former partner told police that Scully had killed one of his child victims in 2013.

It was after this shocking revelation that the remains of a 10-year-old girl were found at a home formerly rented by Scully in Malaybalay, Bukidnon.

An extremely graphic and distressing account by two young girls, who survived the trauma of Scully’s alleged torturous abuse, paints a horrifying picture of what at least a dozen children are alleged to have endured in his home.

Cousins, going by the name of Daisy,11, and and Queenie, 10, told rappler news site about the fateful day in September 2014 when they were approached by Scully’s live-in partner, Carme Ann ‘Angel’ Alvarez.

Alvarez, who was only 17 at the time and an alleged former victim of Scully’s, offered the girls food at Centrio Mall in Cagayan de Oro City and then invited them back to their house.

Daisy said when they got to the house, Alvarez bathed the girls while Scully, who she referred to as the ‘American’, videoed them.

The next morning the girls were asked to start digging a hole in the ground but had no idea why they had been asked to do the unusual task.

It was then after lunch that things became even more disturbing when allegedly Scully undressed the girls and told them to kiss each other.

‘I started crying, I don’t know what we were doing,’ a tearful Daisy said.

Agent Francisco (right) , who was responsible for cracking the case and the rescue of several victims from Scully's house, pictured with one of the rescued girls (left)

Agent Francisco (right) , who was responsible for cracking the case and the rescue of several victims from Scully’s house, pictured with one of the rescued girls (left)

Scully then allegedly rubbed mineral oil on the girls’ bodies and sexually assaulted them, while Alvarez was took photos.

They were then told to keep digging and Daisy was made to sleep in the same room where they had been digging the holes.

The next day Daisy said they were forced to perform sexual acts on the man.

‘I was crying and screaming so much that Alvarez covered my head with a pillow. I choked so much but Scully continued his abuses on me,’ Daisy said.

‘Alvarez slapped me and said that I if don’t stop crying, Peter will continue doing this.’

The girls were then told to keep digging after the horrendous ordeal.

That evening, Daisy said they were forced the alcohol and she managed three drinks before passing out and woke up the next morning to discover she had slept in one of the dug-out graves because she had kept crying and calling for her ‘mama’.

It was on the fourth day that became unbearable for the little girls.

‘They were filming, taking photographs while we dug our graves, and they again brought us to their room, this time, I was tied with a nylon cord, my hands, my feet – I could not move,’ Daisy said.

‘I wanted to kill myself, I wanted to die that night, because I could not bear it any longer.’

However, it was the very next day that the girls fled for their lives when Scully and Alvarez left the house.

Queenie’s mother took the girls to the local police station to file a complaint against Scully and Alvarez.

The remains of a 10-year-old girl were found at a home formerly rented by Scully after he was arrested

The remains of a 10-year-old girl were found at a home formerly rented by Scully after he was arrested

When the police turned up to the house – they apprehended Alvarez but Scully escaped.

Police said there had been numerous complaints made against Peter Riddel and Peter Russel.

Authorities also said that Scully’s youngest victim was only one-year-old at the time.

Agents assigned to the case described the video footage as ‘the worst video we have encountered in our years of campaign against child pornography’ which led to seven young victims being rescued, the inquirer.net reported.

Alvaraz, now 18, revealed her bizarre lifestyle to a prison warden at the Cagayan de Oro City Jail where she was detained

She met Scully when she working as a prostitute at just 14-years-old and allegedly endured a similar ordeal to Daisy and Queenie before paid by Scully to entice the children into their home.

Following information from Scully’s former live-in-partner named Margallo, police officers checked on a home that Scully used to live in when they discovered the remains of what is suspected to be of the 10-year-old girl that Scully allegedly abducted from Talakag town in Bukidnon.

Police believed the girl was murdered in July 2013 after Scully had ensured her parents that he would get their daughter a good education.

Police said a team would be sent to the ‘horror house’ to check if any other children had been buried.

Scully had been implicated in an alleged home-buying scheme scam in Melbourne before leaving for the Philippines in 2011, The Age reported.

The following year, the Supreme Court of Victoria banned Scully from operating the Key Home Buyer Program which cost investors $2.68 million.

Police said they had been searching for Scully since September when two teenage girls were allegedly found naked and chained in an apartment that he rented.

Leesa Smith

Paedophile from Bristol could face new charges over 1970s abuse

Published January 5, 2015 by JS2

Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 22.01.45

A PAEDOPHILE from Bristol who fled Britain after being exposed as a sexual predator is being investigated over child abuse in the 1970s.

Detectives in Bristol are working on a case which could see Douglas Slade, 73, extradited to the UK for offences linked to a nationwide paedophile network.

Wealthy businessman Slade, pictured, who lived in Bristol during the 1970s and 1980s, was a founder of the reviled child sex advocacy group Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE).

He left Britain in 1985 for Angeles City in the Philippines, where he has been accused of molesting boys as young as eight.

Before he left, Slade is suspected to have abused numerous underage boys passed between PIE members who tracked down youths for illegal sex.

He is currently under investigation by Bristol CID as part of its Operation Bluestone inquiry into historical sex abuse cases, according to correspondence seen by a national newspaper.

The cases date to the 1960s and 1970s and include one case in Ireland.

One man allegedly abused by Slade and other PIE members, who is not part of the current UK investigation, contacted the Daily Mail to describe how he was molested by Slade and then passed between paedophiles from 1979, when he was 14.

The 50-year-old man said he was introduced to Slade by another prominent PIE member, former racing car driver Christopher Skeaping, who was jailed in 2009 for sex attacks on a boy aged 12 in the late 1980s.

Skeaping lured boys to his West London home where, it is claimed, he introduced the victim to Slade, who invited him on a number of occasions to his home in Knowle West before passing him on to other paedophiles, including an elderly jeweller and a nightclub owner in the city.

It is understood that at that time Slade lived in Bristol between stints working as a recruitment agent for construction companies in Dubai, travelling to countries like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to find young men to work on building projects.

The victim, who has not been named, claimed one of the boys lured to Slade’s Bristol home was only 12.

He said: “Skeaping rode a huge BMW 1100 and had big American cars. For kids of 13, 14 and 15, those are exciting things. Douglas Slade turned up at his home one day. I was a very quiet child and he just picked up on me and I ended up going to Bristol several times.

“Apart from the sexual side of it, Slade was actually very nice to me. He made me feel special. He was doing nice things for me and it all seemed quite a good thing.

“I suppose if that’s what grooming is, I was being groomed.”

The victim now plans to go to police with his testimony.

He said: “I was affected by what happened to me for some years, but I got over it by being positive and coming to terms with it.

“If there is anything I can do to prevent this continuing, that is what I want to do. It is outrageous that these things are continuing to happen when they shouldn’t.”

Slade was exposed as a paedophilia advocate along with Skeaping in 1975 and was caught by a national newspaper telling fellow paedophiles: “If you want to have sex with children don’t bottle it up – do it.”

Slade’s case is being monitored in the Philippines by Catholic missionary and anti-paedophile campaigner Father Shay Cullen who runs the Preda Foundation to help the victims of child sex abuse and trafficking.

Father Cullen helped bring Slade to court in 1995 when he faced up to 40 years in jail for abusing boys at his previous home in Angeles City, before charges were dropped.

Neighbours of Slade said boys as young as eight were still regularly going into his home since his release on bail for molesting and taking nude pictures of boys from the school opposite where he lives.

Slade is wealthy through his food distribution business, Home Base, which provides meat to restaurants in the Philippines.

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police declined to comment on the investigation when approached by the Bristol Post.

Bristol Post

Simeon Osen from Chigwell sentenced to five years 11 months at Harrow Crown Court

Published November 7, 2014 by JS2

Q147-13Simeon Osen.JPG-pwrt2

A paedophile who paid children in the Philippines to perform sex acts over the internet has been jailed for six years.

Simeon Osen, 53, from Chigwell, admitted 13 of 20 charges against him of procuring children for sex abroad during the same period on October 10.

He was sentenced to a total of five years and 11 months at Harrow Crown Court yesterday.

Osen is the former chief executive of Ronacrete, a concrete products company responsible for the top of the Shard.

He has been ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register for life and has been given a Sexual Offences Prevention Order.

The Met’s Child Abuse, Exploitation and Sexual Abuse Command, began investigating Osen in 2013, following an allegation that he abused a 13-year old girl.

During the course of the investigation, Osen’s personal computers were examined and a quantity of images and movies of an indecent nature were found, including extreme pornography.

A further computer seized from his work premises in Harlow revealed over 41,000 messages via online video chat with persons in Manila, Philippines, during which Osen is directing the abuse of children as young as ten.

In addition to this, his computer contained screen shots of young girls with lines of video chat, between Paul Simon, the online name used by Osen and persons in the Philippines.
Between February and December 2012 Osen made 69 payments at a cost of nearly £6,000 to six people in the Philippines believed to be involved in child sexual exploitation.

He was charged on 20 different counts including arranging the commission of a child sex offence and making indecent photographs of a child.

Osen had been previously sentenced to an eight month suspended sentence last year after pleading guilty to four counts of sexual activity with a girl aged between 13 and 17.

Th sentence was referred to the Court of Appeal following a complaint it was too lenient, but Attorney General Dominic Grieve refused to intevene, saying proper guidelines were followed.

Detective Constable Rachel Snow, of Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command, said: “On the surface Simeon Osen was a successful business man with a family, but in reality he was a paedophile who was abusing children.

“I hope his arrest, prosecution and imprisonment today serves as a warning to other sex offenders in the UK, who think they can get away with abusing children anywhere in the world.

“This investigation is a very good example of the lengths the police and other law enforcement agencies will go to in order to find and secure the evidence to convict you.
“I also hope this case gives victims of sexual abuse, who may not have previously reported their ordeal to the police, the confidence to come forward.”

UK paedophiles pay to watch webcam child sex abuse in Philippines

Published October 5, 2014 by JS2

Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 13.36.19

ESTABLISHMENT SYMPATHY WITH PAEDOPHILE!!

British paedophiles are paying to watch the abuse of children in the Philippines via webcams, a BBC investigation has found.

In one case, a British man organised the sexual abuse of five children from the same family.

Charities believe tens of thousands of children are victims of the trade.

On Thursday, Britain’s National Crime Agency will reveal how it is working with the American, Australian and Philippine police to target abusers.

A BBC team travelled to the slum of Ibabao, near Cebu City in the south of the country.

‘Easy money’

Local charities call it the “epicentre” of the trade.

For our own safety, we had a police escort; one of the officers carried an assault rifle.

Officer Denis Comunay, who regularly patrols the slum, said: “You can get easy money from the cybersex.”

He showed us a small house, with a corrugated iron roof.

It was almost empty inside apart from a dirty mattress on the floor and electric sockets hanging from the ceiling.

Angus Crawford visits a refuge for victims of cybersex abuse in the city of Cebu

It was what he calls a cybersex den.

“Fathers and mothers would bring their children here to show, and would get paid by the owner of the house,” he said.

He explained the property owner forced her own children to “perform” for foreigners using a webcam.

Other people in the community who heard there was money to be made then brought their children too.

At a house nearby there were family photos on the walls, washing still hanging on the line, but it was deserted.

It too was raided by police – a child of two was taken into care.

Public morality

All of the neighbours said they were shocked to hear about the cases but denied they knew what was going on.

One said: “How can I know when the house is closed and I did not get inside and see what they are doing?”

But a recent survey indicated that 80 houses in the area were involved in the trade.

Noemi Truya-Abarientos, who works for the Children’s Legal Bureau aiming to provide judicial help for abuse victims, said: “It has become a cottage industry.”

She blamed poverty and a breakdown in public morality for the rise in the trade, explaining that local businessmen rented out laptops and USB internet connections, so it was easy for families to start.

Parents use internet chatrooms to find “clients” and receive payment through international money transfers.

They justify what they do by claiming that foreign paedophiles do not actually touch the children.

Noemi said this was a myth. “The client gives the instruction to touch this and touch that.

“They even send sex toys to these children.”

In Angeles City in the north of the country there were two houses in a slum area raided in 2012 by police from the UK, the Philippines, Australia and the US, showing that law enforcement around the world is starting to tackle the problem.

One neighbour said: “They arrest this person and put them in a van and they take the children away.”

Twelve children aged between five and 15 were rescued and several of their relatives were arrested.

‘Growing demand’

The operation followed the arrest of British man Timothy Ford, from Kettering, in Northamptonshire, the same year. He is now serving an eight-and-a-half year sentence in a UK prison.

When detectives analysed his laptop, they found obscene images and records of money transfers to the parents – he had paid to watch the abuse of five of the children.

He paid as little as £13 to watch what he called “a show”.

Officers found he planned to buy property in the area and set up an internet cafe.

Father Shay Cullen, who runs the Preda Foundation – a charity that rescues victims in the nearby city of Olongapo – said: “More and more parents are pushing their children to get involved in this, to make big money.

“There’s a huge growing demand and there’s a growing supply.”

The Philippine government estimates that between 60,000 and 100,000 children are victims of sexual exploitation, many of them in cybersex.

While some children are forced to take part by their own family, others are made to work in cybersex dens by pimps.

This is what happened to Lani when she was 15. “The cybersex den is an evil kind of profession,” she told us.

Her aunt promised her a job as a nanny, but when she got to the house she was told she had to “chat” to foreigners.

The “chat” soon turned into demands for her to take off her clothes and “perform” for the men watching on the webcam.

“Perhaps when people hear about cybersex they think it doesn’t have any physical effect,” she said.

“But it can do things to your core. It can take things from you, your dignity and your purity.”

Father Cullen warns that men in the West who pay to watch abuse in poor countries may go on to commit other offences.

“It’s the warm-up for a sexual assault on a child,” he said.

“And next time it’s going to be a child in the UK.”

BBC