York

All posts tagged York

Paedophile raped and abused an eight-year-old girl FOUR TIMES in one day

Published February 17, 2015 by misty534

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 16.44.05

Adrian Rennie denied rape, attempted rape and two charges of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity but was convicted of all counts by a jury

A paedophile who raped and abused an eight-year-old girl FOUR TIMES in a single day has been jailed after she bravely wrote about it.

Adrian Rennie, 25, swore his young victim to secrecy but she eventually found the courage to tell a relative.

Now aged 12, the youngster then sent a letter to a judge describing the ‘unspeakable’ ordeal Rennie subjected her to.

A court heard vile Rennie went to her home and repeatedly abused her in the space of just one day.

Rennie, from York, denied rape, attempted rape and two charges of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity but was convicted of all counts by a jury.

He was jailed for ten years at York Crown Court by Judge Stephen Ashurst who condemned him as a “very serious offender”.

He told Rennie: “What you did to her has caused her very considerable suffering. It is plainly going to take her a long time to get over these events.”

Detective Constable Theresa Wright said: “Adrian Rennie has quite rightly been jailed for committing some truly unspeakable actions against a young child.

“The court process is difficult for anybody to deal with but is particularly difficult for young children.

“The victim has shown great courage throughout the proceedings.”

The judge said the offences had devastated people close to Rennie who found it difficult to understand why someone they saw as a friend and supported had behaved as he did.

Susie Bever

Mark Harris, 39, had sex with girl aged 13

Published August 5, 2013 by misty534

images (10)

A PAEDOPHILE who exploited the affection of a frightened 12-year-old girl has been jailed for four years and eight months.

Mark Andrew Harris, 39, ignored an official police warning to stay away from the girl after her mother confronted him over their friendship, said Sarah Mallett, prosecuting. He was more than three times the girl’s age.

Within days of her turning 13, he had sex with her and continued to have a sexual relationship with her for months, until the mother found his texts on the girl’s mobile phone.

In her diary, the girl wrote: “I am truly and utterly in love with him.”

Harris claimed to police he had been trying to help and guide the girl, whom the court heard had a troubled past and went on to have relationships with other men.

Mrs Mallett said: “Her involvement with this defendant began a process of turning a frightened child into a very sexualised child.”

The Recorder of York, Judge Stephen Ashurst, told Harris: “What you did and the activities you engaged in with (the girl) were done by you with your eyes fully open to the situation. You exploited the affection that she was displaying towards you.”

He said: “There is only one outcome in this case. You must go to prison.”

Harris, 39, of Huntington Road, York, pleaded guilty to two charges of sexual activity with a girl.

In addition to the jail term of four years and eight months, he was placed on the sex offenders’ register, made subject to a sexual offences prevention order banning him from all contact with the girl and any unsupervised contact with any girl under 16, and disqualified from working with children, all for life.

His solicitor, Alaistair Bateman, said: “He is not a danger to young girls. This is an isolated case.”

Harris had not groomed the girl but had wanted to support her, he said. He was an isolated man whose life had been blighted by his schizophrenia and had been sectioned under the Mental Health Act for much of his adult life.

 

The Press

Teacher Richard Oldham in court on child sex charges

Published May 18, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

A YORK teacher has appeared before the city’s crown court charged with a series of sex offences against children in the city.

Richard Arthur Oldham, 31, who taught at three primary schools in York, faces two allegations of making videos of himself abusing children, four of sexually abusing a boy under 13, three of voyeurism and 13 of possessing indecent images totalling at least 2,076 photographs.

At his first appearance before York Crown Court, a provisional trial date was set for November 4 at Leeds Crown Court, the same court where he will enter his pleas at a plea and case management hearing on August 5.

Oldham, now of North Tamerton, Holsworthy, Devon, was released on bail with conditions. The schools cannot be named for legal reasons.

‘Lonely’ man sent explicit videos to girl

Published May 5, 2013 by misty534

Image

 

A MAN who tried to arrange an encounter with a 13-year-old girl despite acknowledging it was “morally wrong” has been jailed for three years.

Michael Ford, 39, exchanged sexually explicit videos with the girl, York Crown Court was told.

After several weeks in which they had 800 explicit contacts through internet chats and text messages, the pair met in Museum Gardens, York.

No sexual activity took place because Ford had a “change of heart” when they were face to face. The “relationship” ended shortly afterwards.

The Recorder of York, Judge Stephen Ashurst, said the full impact of his actions on the girl “may not be known formany years to come.” The court heard the girl had several issues in her life and had been affected by the actions of other adults as well.

Simon Kealey, defending Ford, said: “What has brought him before this court has been in essence, a sudden collapse of values and a collapse in behaviour.”

Ford, of Almsford Drive, Acomb, pleaded guilty to two offences of possessing indecent images, two of causing or inciting a child to perform sexual activity and two of arranging the commission of a sexual offence.

He was jailed for three years and banned from working with children, put on the sex offenders’ register and restrictions put on his use of the internet, all for life.

Paul Cleasby, prosecuting, said the pair met through an internet dating website, on which the girl claimed to be 18. Shortly after they started exchanging messages, she told him she was 13.

Describing an internet message, the barrister said: “The defendant acknowledges she is 13, it is morally wrong, but tells her he is desperate for her.”

On another occasion, Ford encouraged the girl to involve her friends in encounters as well.

The contacts were revealed when the girl’s mother checked her daughter’s mobile phone after she became suspicious of her activities.

Mr Kealey said Ford had “no real excuse” for what he had done.

He had been struggling with loneliness for a number of years, following a family bereavement. He had no previous convictions and accepted that what he had done was wrong.

 

• If you are concerned about contacts your child has made online, you can contact the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) via its website www.ceop.,police.ukor by telephone on 0870 000 3344.

Its website says: “This may have happened in a chat room, message board, instant messenger or on a social networking site. It could be on a mobile phone, games console or computer. It could be messages, images or conversations over webcam. The important thing is that if an adult is making sexual advances to your child on the internet you should report it to us.”

CEOP includes police officers, professionals specialising in dealing with chidren who have been sexually abused, members of charities such as NSPCC and others working in the field.

 

By Megi Rychlikova